Saturday 14 April 2018

Evaluation question 3

What have you learned from audience feedback?

Audience feedback Is highly important when it comes to creating a professional finale piece. When creating my 2 ancillaries and music video, audience feedback really helped as it meant that I could get advise n each one to see who liked it and who didn't, It also helped me to get a better understanding of who my target audience were. My target audience was females aged 13-25 roughly. I thought it would aim at females as my music video is about representing women in a strong and powerful way, so thought women would relate to it, as often in the media women are shown in a bad light, so by creating this music video I thought women wold stand with me to represent women in a powerful way.

Males liked: - The coloured lighting - dance scenes
                   - editing, over laying different clips

Primary Audience - Females liked : Bath tub scene
                                     - They liked the strong dance moves
 



Secondary audience:

 I also asked my secondary audience to watch my music video to receive feedback. She said that she liked how I had layered over different clips,and the flowers within the bath. She also liked how the colour of the flowers linked to the colour in the dance scenes, this being purple.




When asking and receiving feedback, I firstly asked during my pitch who my music video would appeal to, so I knew who to ask to get feedback. When wanting feedback I often asked family and friends to watch or look at my ancillaries to see what they thought as well as messaging them through Facebook and twitter. I would also ask a range of ages to also get a wider audience feedback. 
Overall I think that all the audience feedback had a big impact on my final ancillaries. For each ancillaries I got positive and negative feedback, this really helped. I took in to consideration the negative feedback to improve my ancillaries for the better.  This then helped me as I knew what I audience did and did not like.
Ancillaries feedback: 
On my 2 ancillaries and Music video everyone loved the purple lighting and though it added colour and depth to the shots. They also liked the text that I chose for my ancillaries and they could see that they all linked through the use of the text. They did not say they did not like anything only that it appealed more to females then males which I expected.
Overall audience feedback is very important when it comes to creating a successful final piece.

When creating my Digi pack I first thought about having different photos of nature and palm trees. However after receiving feedback from my audience they said they would prefer to see more images of the female singer rather than other images of nature. My audience said they liked the images of Alice as said she looked natural and beautiful. 



Target audience:
My target audience for my music video is females aged 12-21 roughly. I made my music video appeal to females more, due to the way I represented women. In my music video I represented women in a good light and in a powerful and strong way, and I think females can relate to this.

 
 
 

 
 
Dance studio - Filming:
 
 When I had filmed some of my bath clips I showed it to my female audience. They said they liked the use of a strong female as the main character, but they said it needed to have something powerful for the chorus. I told them my idea of using two strong females for my dancers, at the time I thought pink lighting would be best. My audience then said that it would look more powerful using a darker lighting to make it seem moody. When I went to the dance studio I then experimented with the lighting to see which one would look best.   


 
 
  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final post

So it has come to the end of media studies course, what can I say.Over these 2 years my skills in mostly everything has developed dramati...